Keswick bed and breakfast guest house with B & B holiday accommodation in Keswick, the Lake District, UK
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy is effective from 24/05/2018. It may be subsequently updated.
What we collect
- If you contact us we may collect your name and contact details, including your postal, email addresses and telephone number where appropriate.
- If you make a booking with us we will make a record of the details concerning your booking. This will include the full names of all guest who will be staying with us, the home address, email address, telephone number and car registration details of the person making the booking.
- We collect any "Guest Requests" provided at the time of booking.
- We also collect credit/debit card details to secure all bookings and incase of cancellations (for cancellations please refer to our Terms & Conditions).
- We ask you to complete a registration form on arrival.
- We are required by law to collect the following information on all our guests:
- For commonwealth guests - name and nationality.
- For non-commonwealth guests - name, nationality, passport number, address of next destination.
- We also ask for information related to:
- Dietary requirements.
- Car registration, make and model (for parking requirements).
- We keep registration forms safely locked away.
- We are required by law to keep these registration forms for one year and show them to a police officer should they request to see them.
- We will destroy these forms 12 months after your stay.
- Wifi video security doorbell:
- We use a video doorbell at Brierholme which records voice and video when activated (by pressing the button on the bell).
- The doorbell is located on the front porch and covers the property entrance and steps leading down to the pavement.
- We use this doorbell for the security of our property and to allow us to communicate with guests when we are not in.
- On occasion we may active the motion sensor on the doorbell to record any activity at the front door.
- The data is recorded securley online by a third party (ring.com) and is stored for up to 60 days.
- The only people with access to this data are the data controllers(Adam Begley & Jonathan Bowers - the guest house owners).
- The data can only be accessed via a secure username and password or via a smartphone app (which is fingerprint/password protected).
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Record keeping & booking requirements:
- We use your home address as part of the card payment processing in order to validate your card.
- We use your email address to send you confirmation of the booking and provide additional details related to your stay (e.g. how to find us, information about parking facilities, check-in information and any discounts we can provide you whilst staying with us).
- Post stay requirements:
- After your stay you may receive an automatic email from our booking system asking you to provide feedback by writing us a review. This email will also include a note from us checking if you enjoyed your stay and offering ways to stay in touch with us via social media or email should you wish to do so.
- We would like to stay in touch with you about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting. We communicate such information via social media and will never email you unless you explicitly ask us to do so directly.
- We may also use some information to improve our products and services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online or in person.
All personal and debit/credit card data you supply to us as part of the booking process is stored securely on a third party system; Inn Style. Neither we (the data controller) or Inn Style (the data processor) will share your information with any third party unless there is a legal requirement to do so.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the use of your personal information by contacting us via our contact form. Contacting us this way allows you to control which personal information you would like to share and lets us know your preferences regarding contacting you for booking or marketing purposes. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the contact address shown on our contact page.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address on our contact page. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. We (Adam Begley & Jonathan Bowers) at Brierholme are the offical Data Controllers and Inn Style (our booking system) are our Data Processors. Contact details for Adam & Jonathan can be found here.
What cookies are
A cookie is a small file which may be placed on your computer's hard drive by the website you are visiting. In general, cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, storing your preferences, and generally improving your experience of a website. If you refuse to let cookies be placed on your computer, a website will think you are a new visitor every time you move to a new page on the site – for example, when you enter your login details and move to another page it won’t recognise you and it won’t be able to keep you logged in.
The following table indicates which cookies we are using and what they do.
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site, which we use to help improve it. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||Google Analytics privacy info
Opting out of Google Analytics
|Add This||_atuvc||This stores information anonymously merely to allow users to bookmark the web page||Further info from Add This|
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set
If you prefer, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that some functions of the website might become inoperable. If you use the Internet Explorer browser, find out more info HERE. If you use Firefox, see the information HERE. If you are using Safari, see HERE.