Keswick bed and breakfast guest house with B & B holiday accommodation in Keswick, the Lake District, UK
Breakfast is a treat at Brierholme
'When you wake up in the morning, Pooh,' said Piglet at last, 'what's the first thing you say to yourself?'
'What's for breakfast?' said Pooh.
'What do you say, Piglet?'
'I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?' said Piglet.
Pooh nodded thoughtfully. 'It's the same thing,' he said.
A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Our foody values are:
- To use only high quality ingredients and products, locally sourced wherever possible
- To offer our guests plenty of choice
- To provide a hearty but healthy breakfast
Food allergies and intolerances:
Special dietary requirements are catered for individually - please let us know when you book. Detailed information about the allergen contact of our breakfast dishes can also be provided on request.
To start your day:
- Selection of fruit juices
- Choice of cereals including Muesli
- Fresh fruit salad, using seasonal fruits
- Greek yoghurt
- Selection of pro-biotic fruit yoghurts
- Porridge is also available – enjoy it topped with cinnamon, fresh fruit, golden syrup, honey or just sprinkle on some brown sugar
The main event:
- Enjoy our freshly cooked full English breakfast of locally sourced grilled dry cured bacon, best quality Cumbrian sausage, free range eggs (served scrambled, poached or fried), grilled fresh tomato, sautéed mushrooms and baked beans.
- Our full English can also be served using quality vegetarian substitutes.
Or choose something lighter:
- Eggs Benedict – Locally Sourced Bacon on a Muffin with Poached Eggs and a Buttery Hollandaise Sauce
- Scrambled Eggs served with Ribbons of Smoked Salmon
- Hot Buttered Crumpets
- Warm Croissants
- Bacon or Sausage Sandwich
- Poached or Scrambled Eggs on Toast/Muffin
- Beans or Mushrooms on Toast/Muffin
- Toast with Homemade Jam or Marmalade
Enjoy unlimited wholemeal or white bread toast, served with a selection of jams and home-made marmalade.
Breakfast is topped off with freshly brewed leaf tea (our own Brierholme blend) or a cafetiere of fresh ground coffee from Taylors of Harrogate. Decaffeinated and Fairtrade options are available, as are a variety of herbal, fruit, green and white teas.
Breakfast is served from 8:15 am to 9:00 am but if you have an early start, a tasty bacon or sausage butty can be wrapped up for you “ready to go”!