Keswick bed and breakfast guest house with B & B holiday accommodation in Keswick, the Lake District, UK
Out & About
The charming and historic town of Keswick, nestling as it does amongst some of the finest fells in the Lake District national park, offers a wide range of independent shops, tea rooms, museums, cafes, bars and probably the most enviable selection of outdoor retail outlets in the country. There is an excellent bus service into Borrowdale and the Keswick Launch Company runs a regular service from the boat landings which takes you on a 50 minute tour of Derwentwater. You can hop on and off at any of the stops to explore the lakeshore and woodland paths. The launch is also an excellent way to get to the foot of Catbells.
As well as the many restaurants, cafes and bars, Keswick has its very own cinema and is also the home of the stunningly located "Theatre by the Lake", which offers year-round professional productions. Brierholme is a member of the Theatre's Ambassador Scheme and discount vouchers are available to guests. Just ask for details when booking.
The Great Outdoors
Keswick and the Northern fells are a magnet for fell walkers, scramblers and climbers. From flat strolls along the shores of Derwentwater to gruelling hikes over some of the toughest and highest fells in England, the area has walks for everyone. Keswick Tourism Association has produced a number of walking routes available to download. Choose from short, scenic picnic strolls to full days through spectacular landscapes.
There is a wide range of other outdoor activities to be enjoyed in and around Keswick, from mountain biking, fishing, paragliding, rock climbing to kayaking, dinghy sailing and windsurfing.
For wildlife lovers, there are special hides and viewpoints where you can see otters, ospreys, red squirrels and roe deer.
A collection of maps, guidebooks and tourist information is available at Brierholme to help you plan your day's activities. A Lake District mountain weather forecast is also posted every morning in the breakfast room.
Keswick Events and Festivals
|2021 Date TBC||Keswick Film Festival|
|2021 Date TBC||Words by the Water|
|2021 Date TBC||Buttermere 10 Trail Run|
|26th September 2021||Keswick Half Marathon|
|2021 Date TBC||CANCELLED - Keswick Jazz & Blues Festival|
|10th - 12th September 2021||Keswick Mountain Festival|
|4th - 5th June 2021||CANCELLED - Keswick Beer Festival|
|2021 Date TBC||The Lakesman Triathlon|
|2021 Date TBC||Keswick Mid-summer Festival|
|2021 Date TBC||Derwentwater Regatta
|2021 Date TBC||Borrowdale Trail Run|
|17th July - 6th August 2021||Keswick Christian Convention
|2021 Date TBC||Keswick Agricultural Show
|2021 Date TBC||Derwentwater Lakeland Trail|
|2021 Date TBC||Buttermere Triathlon|
|2021 Date TBC||Derwentwater Ten|
|20th November 2020||CANCELLED - Keswick Christmas Lights Switch On
|1st - 24th December 2021||Keswick Live Advent
|6th December 2020||CANCELLED - Keswick Victorian Fayre|
Below are just some of the great activities that you can enjoy within the local area:
Honister Slate Mine
Whinlatter Forest/Altura Bike Trail
Go Ape at Whinlatter
Keswick Mountain Bike hire
Nichol End Marina
Keswick Adventure Centre
Theatre By The Lake
Alhambra Cinema Keswick
Our Favourite Places to Eat Out
Many of our guests tell us where they have enjoyed good food. You will see from the number of pubs, restaurants and cafes in Keswick that you will never starve.
- Our nearest pub is The Crafty Baa (just next to the DIY shop). They are the newest edition to Keswick and have some great local craft beers and ciders. You can often find us sat in the window having a post-check-in pint! Bookings are not taken.
- Casa Bella - Located on Station Street (bear left at the top of the Market Square). Lovely Italian just a few minutes walk from Brierholme. Adam recommends the Seafood Risotto. Freshly cooked pasta and pizzas, plus steak and chicken dishes. Friendly, efficient service. This is one of our favourite places to go! Booking is recommended. Tel: 017687 75575
- The Square Orange - Located on St John's Street. Small bar with a Mediterranean feel about it, serving great tapas and thin, crispy pizzas. Great place to enjoy a relaxing bottle of wine, beer or coffee. The nachos are really good too! Booking recommended.
- Dog and Gun - Located on Lake Road (just off the Market Square) – very warm and cosy but busy. Their Hungarian Goulash and Lamb Shanks are highly recommended but think very carefully before ordering the large portion of goulash! Bookings are not normally taken.
- Fellpack - Located on Lake Road. A great place to go for dinner and drinks. The menu is only small but the food is exceptional. Our favourite is the "Fellpack Chilli" which melts in your mouth! Booking recommended.
- The Pheasant Inn - Located on Crosthwaite Road (just past Keswick hospital) approximately a 10-minute stroll, but very pleasant through the park. The food is exceptional and much more than "pub food". Booking is recommended. Tel: 017687 72219.
- Bar eS - Located on New Street. Rustic interior, comfy sofas and unique back room with board games. Bar eS offers a range of delicious Mexican and Spanish inspired tapas. This is another one of our favourites! Don't forget to ask us for a discount voucher if you are planning on going.
- The George Hotel - Located on St. John's Street (at the top of the Market Square) serves good beer and traditional pub grub. Their pies are highly rated – be careful if ordering a "Full Cow Pie" – it's enormous!! You are advised to book on a Friday or Saturday night during the high season – Tel: 017687 72076.
- The Kingfisher (Fish & Chip shop) - Located on Main Street is highly recommended - take away or eat in the upstairs restaurant.
- Lake Road Brunch - Located on Lake Road. A new venture in Keswick from the team that bring you Bar eS. Serving brunch and cocktails daily. Booking is recommended.
- The Round - Located on Market Square. From the team that bring you Fellpack. Great cocktail and burger bar with a really relaxed atmosphere. The burger combinations are delicious and we especially love the fries loaded with chilli. Bookings are only taken upstairs. Downstairs is walk-ins only.
- The Sultan of Keswick - Located on St John's Street. Great Indian restraint and is our favourite out of the two in Keswick. Booking recommended during high season.
- Golden Hill Chinese Restaurant - Located on Main Street. Well established and very popular. Both the restaurant and takeaway get really busy in peak times. They do not accept bookings so we usually turn up early.